Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trendy Tabs

This months release is a huge one! Are you all ready for it?!

Heather Nichols has a fabulous new set coming out this month called Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs. This set is part of a new mini scrapbook collection series, that will be released quarterly. Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs is a collection of half-circle mini tabs and words and phrases, sized perfectly to fit into the tabs. These tabs are a perfect match to the brand new "tab" and "book page" dies which are also coming out this month. You can find more info on this over at Nichole Heady's blog.

Nichole has given us, the Design Team, the task of showing off just how versatile this set really is. Some of us will be creating or using this set as intended, in a mini-book format. Others are creating a 3D/notebook or a card related project. I chose to incorporate these fun tabs into a card...While playing around with this set, I discovered that the tabs fit perfectly into scallops of the Large Scalloped Border Die. So I decided to create rows of colorful and fun polka dot scallops, to embellish my card.
To create this look: cut scallops from white cardstock and stamp polka dot tabs into each scallop using Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst & Summer Sunrise inks. Layer and attach to the bottom of a cardstock block and trim edges. For a clean and polished look, top scallops off with a Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon bow.
Finished the card off with a few butterflies from Butterfly Dreams, buttons and a sentiment.

Be sure to stop by and see what the other Design Team girls have created, they are sure to blow you away...

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy all the countdown!

Maile

Happy Birthday:
  • Stamps: Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs, Butterfly Dreams & Delightful Dahlia
  • Ink: Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst & Summer Sunrise
  • Cardstock: White
  • Accessories: Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Buttons (Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst & Summer Sunrise), Large Scalloped Border Die & Corner Rounder

40 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this card is amazing, Maile! Loved your color combo and the way you use the "tabs"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. Very clever and I love the colors. So bright. Thank you for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP! Maile, this is GORGEOUS!!! What a creative way to use Heather's new set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!! Love the bright colors plus the white! So stunning and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Maile, what an inspired idea to create scallop ruffles from the tab stamps! Just love the fun, bright colours too! Breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg Maile this is one of my favorites :) which is hard to say because you have so many beautiful cards but this one made my jaw drop ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maile this is a gorgeous card. I like it very very much. So colorfull. Love it

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a strong and beautiful color palette!
    Love how you used the diecut tabs and the trio of butterflies.

    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THIS CARD and the colors are so perfect together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bright fun color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. The colors look wonderful.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the color combo and how clever to use them as scallops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredibly creative card! I love how you used the scallops! ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors on this card are out-of-control fabulous Maile. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK Mailes, you win my prize for most original and creative use of this new stamp set lol!!! OMG, I just LOVE this card you've created, the rainbow of colors is fabulous. It just plain makes me HAPPY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card! The colors are so bright and cheerful and those scallops - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color combo! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh! I LOVEEE this card!!!
    I loveee the colors, the butterflies, the design... I love EVERYTHING!!! So pretty! :)


    ~ Ayana
    www.ayanaposadas.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maile, I absolutely love this! Great colors and sketch! I love the little scalloped borders across the bottom and, of course, the butterflies! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful wonderful card! I love those colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore this card Maile...so incredibly sweet and creative.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just beyond cute! I love the cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I love what you came up with Maile! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. EEEEEeeeeeeccckkkkkk - absolutely gorgeous. LOVE the bright colors; so beautiful in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those colors together and the layers of scallops are scrumptous!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! This is just beautiful! Love the colours, the butterflies and the way you have used the tab set!!! So clever and creative!:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. ahhhhhh... this is fabulous!!! LOVE how you used those tabs and the colors are so yummy! love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So bold and striking, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card Maile! Love the colours. So bold and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a colorful, bright, cheerful and FUN card! Love your color combo...a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card is just stunning! What a brilliant idea to make those tabs in to a scallop design~love the colors too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, this is a stunning card, I love the colors and the polka dots! Heavenly~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my gosh this is amazing!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Maile, why is your brain so magical? Please send me some of that amazing mojo! ;) I love the colors here too, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello stranger! I LOVEEEEEE this card!! The colors are delish and those scallops are amazing looking! I love the butterflies as well, everything on it just looks so perfect!! I still keep an "eye" on your blog and love looking at all your fabulous creations!! I miss you!! I know you're so busy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card! I enjoy using layers in my projects, and I just adore your colorful scallop layers!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS