Thursday, March 25, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge With Stitching

Hello all! It's Embellish Challenge time again, hooray! Just check out these photos taken by the talented Ashley Newell, what inspiration! This weeks challenge is of course to use the gorgeous colors pictured above, but also to incorporate stitching into your creations. Either by machine or hand, faux or stamped. Our sponsors this time around are Your Next Stamp. You must check them out, they have got some adorable images!

I went with hand stitching and this is what I came up with... My inspiration came from the sentiment "Hoppy Easter". I kept things super simple and let the eggs do the hopping. :)
That crooked sentiment is something I would (usually) never live with. In my creative mind everything has to be perfectly straight, but I thought it kind of added to the movement that the hopping eggs gave to the card. So I left it, and it doesn't even bother me! Lol!


So, stop on by the Embellish Magazine blog for all the details, to check out the prize that's up for grabs and to post your creations. Can't wait to see what you all come up with for this fabulous challenge!


Maile



Hoppy Easter:

15 comments:

  1. Really fun card Maile, I love the sense of movement you've conveyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good idea card. Love it

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea with the hopping eggs! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and lovely! Great job on the hand-stitching!Love this FAB design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN card. I love how the eggs appear to be bouncing with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maile, what a great card - that stitching is amazing! So much movement - thx for sharing! Can't wait to do this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!!! I love how you made the eggs "hop". I also didn't even notice that the sentiment was crooked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! What a great idea to make the little eggs hop all over the place :o)
    Hugs
    Karen (YNS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now isn't this so cute and creative, what a hop, hippity, and very fun card, I ADORE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley 's photos are stunning and so inspirational. I will endeavor to create tomorrow after a brunch. Love your project and the stitching!
    Happy Easter!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, Maile! Your card is so pretty, and I am loving this color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful and fun card! I love the eggs bouncing and your "stitching" is super duper!!! As for your other cards, girl God has given you a talent for sure!! Wonderful, amazing and stunning cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS