Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wildflower Garden Revisited

Thanks for joining me today for the May Papertrey Ink Senior DT Challenge. This time around we are bringing back Wildflower Garden  
Boy, it's been a while since I've pulled out this delightful set.  There's nothing like bringing out an old set and coming up with a new and modern use for it.  I've got a couple ideas for you today that incorporate the use of this set with current and fresh trends.  Take a look...
First up, the use of a technique I shared here just the other day. This divided panel was stamped in a color combo of melon berry and plum pudding.  Not a usual one for me but I really like it.
Finished the card off with a divided sentiment.
A watercolor effect is super trendy right now, I just had to give it a go and combine Wildflower Garden with Watercolor Wonder.
Pastels are popping up all over the place this season.  Here I've chosen to work with watercolored stripes in a soft color combo of harvest gold, melon berry, sweet blush, lavender moon and spring rain.  This take is so soft and fresh.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Wildflower Garden goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile

4 comments:

  1. I love Wildflower Garden...it was one of my first PTI sets and I still use it a lot! Maile you've made it new and refreshing and I'm ready to get to work casing your cards!! Love your work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Maile, I just adore everything you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your divided panel designs! Taking a simple floral stamp set like Wildflower Garden and making it look fresh and modern is certainly your forte. Thanks for always surprising me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these! Love the first one!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS