Monday, March 14, 2016

Gold Luxe Card Set

Hey there! I'm back today for the final day of the March Papertrey Ink coundown.  Everything you've seen peeks of will be available tomorrow!
And of course I bring you more... Splits: Celebrate and the Shaped Sayings: Birthday die.  This time in a kraft, black and gold theme. 
First up, I wanted to share with you how this splits series (especially this Splits: Celebrate set) pairs beautifully with some word dies.
Here I've placed a "hello" golden die cut from the Bloomin' Cute Sentiments dies into the space provided. It was die cut from a piece of luxe gold cardstock
For my last card today I've pulled out a sheet from my Black & White All Over paper pad. Trimmed off the edges a bit and attached it to a kraft card base. 
On top of that I layered a True Black cardstock strip and tied a bit of gold baker's twine into place. To finish it off I die cut the Shaped Sayings: Birthday die from more gold card stock and nestled it into the twine bow. 

Well, there's a quick look at Shaped Sayings: Birthday die and the Splits: Celebrate set for you. Just remember... all that you've seen today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning March 15th

Now, be sure to visit Papertrey Ink blog for more details on these stamps and dies!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

13 comments:

  1. Your ribbons remind me of ad illustrations from the 60's. I just love the feeling they evoke- the dynamism is palpable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Maile. Luxe for sure. Modern birthday classics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful clean and simple cards. I love the gold metallic touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to ask, how did you adhere these die cuts to the cards? They look so delicate and it looks like they are popped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the "Hello" I adhered foam adhesive behind the filled letters E, L, and O. The Shaped Saying: Birthday I hid the same adhesive behind the circular frame elements.

      Delete
  5. How clever to use patterned paper behind your Shaped Sayings! White, black and gold is one of my favorite color combos anyway - so rich looking. Love your rely to Julia. So that's how you keep those negative pieces intact also...I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant, love your choice in color and design, not to mention the fab sentiment die sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore your style, Maile! You always inspire me & I cased one of your cards for my entry in the Create Along With Us Challenge--thank you! http://ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/2016/03/pti-create-along-with-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maile, I love your style. Personally I'd hope that you'd blog evey day. You are the person I refer to all the time. Thanks for all inspiration you have given me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so touched to hear this! Thank you! As much as I would like to make that happen, everyday life and kids have a way of taking over. All of which are worth it though.

      Delete
  9. Just love your stamping style. it is always so "AHHHH". thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maile, I love your style and I especially LOVE the Birthday card. Since you design for PTI, maybe you could talk them into making a background stamp using those balloons. I would love to make this my go to "Man" birthday card but I need the background stamp.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS