Friday, March 27, 2015

On Repeat

Thanks for joining me today for this weeks Papertrey Ink Design Team Tip!

Today, I'm putting my sentiments on repeat.  By using them over and over again, creating a neat backdrop for my focal images.  It's a simple technique using only one stamp that can take your project up a notch in an unexpected way.  It works great with pretty much any sentiments already included in your stamp collection!  I found a bit of inspiration via this old card (the one at the bottom of the post). 
Here's how it's done... You stamp once in a bold color (I've used black here) next to your focal image, creating a strong focal point.  Then stamp repeatedly in a much lighter, less distracting color (like soft stone). Easy peasy!
You can stamp your focal point first, like I did here.
Or you can stamp your sentiments first, like on this card.  
And then arrange your arrangement around your sentiment grouping. 
It's a pretty easy going, carefree look that's really hard to mess up.  
Stamp them up, down, straight, angled or all wonky.  It's up to you!


So what do you think?!  You gonna give this on a try?   I sure do hope so!  Well, that's it from me today.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Maile



Just A Note Card
Stamps: Petite Pots
Ink: Soft Stone, Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain and True Black
Cardstock: White Linen
Pattern Paper: Pattern Vellum
Other: Cream Baker's Twine

Hello Card
Stamps: Mini Blooms and Swoosh
Ink: Soft Stone, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, New Leaf and True Black
Cardstock: White Linen
Other: Cream Baker's Twine and white Sequins

You're Quite Wonderful Card
Stamps: Petite Pots and Sentiment Splits
Ink: Soft Stone, Ocean Tides, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry and True Black
Cardstock: Soft Stone and White Linen
Other: Silver Sequins, Petite Pots Die and Sentiment Splits: Angle Vertical Die

36 comments:

  1. Love this idea, nothing needed but the stamps for a striking design. Those cards are gorgeous Maille!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it clean and simple. I could see doing it with an ombre effect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, SO pretty. Love the printed vellum... hope it's back in stock... running...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful idea and a great use of word stamps - thank you so much! Love the cards you created!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely, eye-catching designs! I'll have to try something along these lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea for using sentiments! Love your sweet cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can do this!!! They are lovely, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the different examples! I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are all fabulous, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful result. Thank you for the inspiration Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea, Maile! I must CASE your last one, hope you don't mind. I love them all, however!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards. I love this idea. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful designs! Thank you for the lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So smart. Great look. Thank you so much for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've said it before: I like your style. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! Great inspiration! Love the little tulips in the pot..so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great technique and awesome cards, Maile! Can't wait to try this even though they won't look as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this technique, Maile!! I am definitely going to give this a try! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great technique and awesome cards Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally love these cards: just perfect simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I gotta get the Petite Pots set. I keep seeing so many tempting examples.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a simple technique! Thanks for the creative inspiration. You are practical but you're taken such a fresh take.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this, and love the impact of the repeated message/greeting.
    I'm another one who needs (ha!) to get that Petite Pots set! Love that bird! Thanks, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always love your work & that includes these wonderful cards! The second one especially grabbed my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea. Love the results.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous, Maile, each of them! I especially love the one with Mini Blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. FAB cards, Maile! Especially LOVE the colors, layers and bird on the just a note card. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS