Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Enclosed: Graduate, Keep It Simple: Graduation, and Sentiment Splits

Hi there! Welcome to day one of the March Papertrey Ink countdown.  

I'm here today to share a few samples using a few of this months new products... Enclosed: Graduate (by Dawn McVey), Keep It Simple: Graduation (by Nichole Heady) and Sentiment Splits (by me).  Check it out...
Enclosed: Graduate... This graduation cap die set and the coordinating stamps opens up all kinds of possibilities for tags and cards!  Here's a fun way to used this "Congrats" grad hat die with a combination of pattern papers. 
The striped panel was cut using one of the new Sentiment Splits dies.  The sentiment strip was stamped using a phrase from Keep It Simple: Graduation.
 My focus for this card... the solid Enclosed: Graduate grad cap die.  I die cut a colorful assortment of Papertrey Ink pattern papers and arranged them into a background pattern.  A bit busier then my usual style.
Using the Sentiment Splits dies, I was able to create a perfect spot for an Enclosed: Graduate sentiment.

Well, bummer... I realized too late that I actually had not taken photos of my third Enclosed: Graduate card.  Edited...  I'm back with the card!
I really like this "Congrats" die!  It's a versatile piece.  Here I've used it as is, die cut from smokey shadow and layered it over a piece of Gold Luxe Foil paper.
Panels were die cut using the Sentiment Splits dies.  Embellished with a melon berry star button, a gold stamped tassel and an Enclosed: Graduate sentiment. 

Next, let me focus on my newest addition to my Stamping Simply line up.  For March I bring you... Sentiment Splits.  This stamp and die combination is inspired by the slicing technique I've been using on my cards lately.  I'll have more detail on this collection in the days to come, during the countdown, but for today I wanted to give you a little peek... 
The Doodlie-do stamp set has been calling my name, so I brought it out for today's projects.  I stamped these images onto my die cut panels in a cheery color combo.
Here's a better shot at the die cut panel, cut using the Sentiment Splits dies.  These dies cut two ready to use panels that, once attached, create the perfect little niche for a sentiment. Cut them from pattern paper or...
stamp on them, like I did here.  These two pieces fit perfectly onto this colorful card base, adding a pop of color and leaving the perfect spot for a coordinating sentiment. 
This next card uses the Sentiment Splits dies and sentiments too.  This is the second die size option.  It's a bit smaller, which gives you another cool look.
There are many possibilities available with this collection and I look forward to sharing them with you over the next few days.

Well, that concludes today's look at Enclosed: Graduate, Keep It Simple: Graduation, and Sentiment Splits. Just remember... all that you have seen today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning March 15th

Now, be sure to visit Papertrey Ink blog for the details on today's featured new product.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



On Your Graduation Card
Stamps: Keep It Simple: Graduation
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Cardstock: Linen White
Pattern Paper: Enchanted Evening and Soft Stone
Other: MME Glitter Dot, Enclosed: Graduate Die, and Sentiment Splits Die

Class of 2015 Card
Stamps: Enclosed: Graduate
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Cardstock: White
Pattern Paper: Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow and Simply Chartreuse
Other: Enclosed: Graduate Die, Sketched Stars Dies, and Sentiment Splits Die

So Proud of You Card
Stamps: Enclosed: Graduate
Ink: Smokey Shadow and Gold
Cardstock: Linen White and Smokey Shadow
Pattern Paper: Gold Luxe Foil
Other: Melon Berry Button, Enclosed: Graduate Die, and Sentiment Splits Die

Just A Note Card
Stamps: Doodlie-do and Sentiment Splits
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Smokey Shadow and True Black
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet and Linen White
Other: Rhinestones and Sentiment Splits Die

You're Quite Wonderful Card
Stamps: Doodlie-do and Sentiment Splits
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Ocean Tides, Smokey Shadow and True Black
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow and Linen White
Other: Rhinestones and Sentiment Splits Die

11 comments:

  1. Your Sentiment Split idea is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the Split card technique in a lot of my designs lately. Am happy to see a set of dies coming that will add more options to this design technique. Looking forward to the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful inspiration. Love how you mixed all the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been the Queen of split sentiments for quite sometime, Maile, but love that you are sharing that technique with us via dies and sentiments that work well together. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maile Belles,

    Gorgeous Cards!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards and can't wait to get my hands on the sentiment splits!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love yor creative inspiration! The congrats card is a wow!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS