Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thank You Kindly and Stitched Rectangles die collection

Hi there! Welcome to day two of the June Papertrey Ink countdown.  I'm here today to share a few samples using one of this months new stamps sets and some dies... Thank You Kindly and the Stitched Rectangles die collection. As you can tell below I had a bunch of fun exploring and pairing these items in unique ways.

Keep in mind that these items will be available for purchase beginning June 15th at Papertrey Ink.  Plus, more info and a detail look at these items can be found on Nichole Heady blog today.

So, let me get right to today's projects...
First up, I've combined the versatile "thank you" banner with a medium sized stitched rectangle.
Instead of stitching around the entire rectangle, I threaded through a couple top holes and tied the ends together into a bow.  Then finished the card off with a few golden dots.
Next, I used the second largest stitched rectangle in a non-stitching kind of way.  Just slightly out of the box by die cutting it from pattern paper, stamping and then trimming into two panels.
Then completed this card with sentiment banners, stamped with Thank You Kindly sentiments and then trimmed by hand.
Lastly, the most complicated one of the bunch.
I began with largest rectangle, which I trimmed into two pieces and tacked into place (I was careful to adhere only along the outer edges, leaving me room to work the floss through) onto the card front.  Then carefully threaded embroidery floss through the holes using a needle.  Tightened and tied the edges then trimmed off the excess.
Then finished the card off with a die cut framed thank you attached across the floss.

Well, that concludes today's look at Thank You Kindly and the Stitched Rectangles die collection. Just remember... these sets will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning June 15th

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady for the details on today, day two of the countdown.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

15 comments:

  1. Maile, thank you for sharing. I wasn't sure about the stitched rectangles die collection but now that I've seen what you can do with them. I will buy them now when its released. I will share what I create with you, hopeful they will measure up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that your cards are awesome. My favorite is the first one. I love the nice and simple look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those stitched rectangle dies, especially on your string art card! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I love all that messy (but carefully designed) floss! I know the things that look the most carefree are always the most thought through and take so much effort!
    I have always loved your design style. Lovely work this month. Glad to have you back more! Hope your baby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great cards! I love the butterfly card! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last card with the embroidery thread. It is a perfect way to literally tie in colours from different patterned papers or from a photo if you use the stitched rectangles as a photo frame. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. Love the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the wonderful thank you cards. I am especially intrigued by the last one. So very clever...and something I would have never thought of doing on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rectangle stitched dies. Wasn't sure about getting them. But after looking at what you did with the cards. Well it is now on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice to see the different ways you used the stitched rectangles. Especially the last one - a fun experiment with fun results!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showing so many innovative ways to use stitched rectangles. . Love your examples.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are really neat. Loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing with us your creativity! I love the last card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stitched card is so unique. Great use of the products.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS