Friday, June 13, 2014

Introducing Ombre Builder

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink June countdown and the first Design Team group post! 

Today's group post is all about Ombre Builder.  This set is a dream to work with! Today we are showcasing this new set in two ways. One project using the set as intended, to build some sort of ombre pattern by repeating/layering the borders. Second project uses the stamps in a different way.

Hope you like what I have to share with you today...
Today's cards are a couple of simple one-layer wonders.  :)  My fave!
For my typical ombre look I've chosen to work with a non-traditional ombre color scheme, one perfect for the 4th of July holiday.  I used the colors pure poppy, blueberry sky and spring rain.
After stamping the festive ombre stripes I finished the card off with a sentiment (from Birthday Classics: July) and a few star embellishments.
For my out-of-the-box idea I chose to create a fun randomly stamped backdrop for a die cut sentiment in a color combo of orange zest, ocean tides and sweet blush.
The "Celebrate" is from the Block Talk dies, which I die cut from smokey shadow cardstock.  I attached this to the card base with a bit of hidden adhesive behind a star button.

Well, that concludes my look at Ombre BuilderJust remember... this stamp set and and other product I've used today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning June 15th

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



July Birthday
Stamps: Ombre Builder and Birthday Classics: July
Ink: Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain and True Black
Cardstock: White
Others: Black Rhinestone Stars Jenny Bowlin

Celebrate
Stamps: Ombre Builder
Ink: Orange Zest, Ocean Tides and Sweet Blush
Cardstock: White and Smokey Shadow
Others: Block Talk Die Collection and Orange Star Button

8 comments:

  1. Very fun and cool cards!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, Mailes - the little stars are perfect embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great designs. I love the subtle red, white, and blue on the July birthday card. Your "out of box" celebrate card has got me thinking outside of the box, too! Thanks for stretching my thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things I was thinking as I looked through the examples of the hombre set is how do they keep the designs so straight and deciding I probably could not do that. Then you come along with a fabulous cad that is all askew and I realize it does not have to be straight. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so inspirational to me. Especially the July BD card with something so simple as having some lines along the edge. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome every last one of them. Great job. Glad you're back I missed your very talented designs.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS