Saturday, May 11, 2013

Side By Side Sentiments Day Two

Hey there! Thanks for joining me for day two of the Papertrey Ink May countdown. I'm back today to bring you more of my new set... Side By Side Sentiments.  From the looks of it, it sounds as if some of you are as excited about these set as I am!

Now onto today's creation...
A Fun Idea: Try breaking up the sentiment.  The side by side formation allowed me to easily stamp the front portion of the sentiment onto a piece of pattern paper and then the latter portion directly onto the card base.  Here's How:  I began by temporarily attaching the pattern paper strip into place, so that it laid nice and flush with the card front. Once inked, I precisely (while looking through the acrylic stamp from directly above) stamped the sentiment.
After the ink dried I stapled a bit of twine into place and simply tied it into a knot.  Here's A Note:  Working with this particular hemp twine, since it has a bit of a waxy finish to it, holds a bit of curl after winding it around a pencil.  Makes for the prefect twist and slight curl. Along the outer left edge is a bit of impressed detailing, this was created using the Mehndi Medallion impression plate.  I then finished the card off with a heart circle (from Bountiful Banners) and an enamel dot.

Well, that concludes today's look at Side By Side Sentiments. Just remember... this stamp set will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning May 15th. In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to share!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Heather Nichols and Cristina Kowalczyk for new peeks. Also, Dawn McVey & Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile





From The Bottom of My Heart Card...

16 comments:

  1. I definitely want to buy this set. Also loving the stapled twine additions, must try it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like another great set! I love your card design, with the impressed left edge and raised accent strip! Sue (suen)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this new sentiment set! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that little divider piece. I wouldn't have thought to stamp the sentiment on both layers at the same time. Thanks for that tip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your clean and simple style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO CUTE!!!!!!! :) AND SO SIMPLE!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty CAS! Love the Side By Side Sentiments -- can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maile this is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the side by side sentiment. Also the simplicity of the card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of breaking up the set! Beautiful card, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look using different paper to split your sentiments ~ so many options. That's Maile ~ very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the Clean & Simple CAS with flair look of this.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed learning how you did your CAS card. The Mehndi impression adds just the right touch to your card, giving it an elegant appearance. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS