Friday, September 10, 2010

Framed

Hello, and welcome to the second day of the Papertrey Ink countdown! Today I am super excited to share with you the soon to be released, Framed. A set created by Becky Oehlers and inspired by all the hand drawn frames used on projects these days. It's a great tool for not only creating perfectly simple holiday projects but year around ones too! Let me show you what I'm talking about...

How about a couple simple Christmas cards to start, perfect for recreating in multiples and flat for mailing...Started by flipping the rectangle frame upside down so the opening was at the top. Stamped it onto an Aqua Mist card base in True Black ink. Stamped "Joy", from Snowflake Serenade, in True Black into the bottom corner.
Inside the frame, I created a little burst of a frosty breeze by heat embossed three snow flakes (also from Snowflake Serenade) in white. Inked the largest flourish, from Fancy Flourishes, in Versamark and stamped it onto the card base, through the opening and over the embossed snowflakes. Finished it off with a few clear rhinestones.
I found that this sentiment, from Winter Swirls, is a perfect fit for the frame opening. Stamped both the frame and sentiment in True Black onto a Simply Chartreuse card base.
Stamped three ornament toppers, also from Winter Swirls, into the frame and hung them by hand drawn lines. Hand cut Plum Pudding, Pure Poppy & Spring Rain stamped ornaments and attached them with dimensional adhesive. Finished it off with a swirl of glitter onto each ornament.

Framed is a perfect fit for any occasion as well...
Hand stamped my own patter paper, onto a white card base, using "Happy Birthday" from Say It With Style in Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst & Summer Sunrise.
This time I stamped and heat embossed the square frame in black. Covered the frame opening with a white punched circle stamped with "to you" and embellished with True Black buttons and some crochet twine.

I thought this one would do for a wedding...
With this card I hope to share a neat idea with you. I've been dying to try the letter press technique that Heather Nichols came up with and shared here. I wanted to combine it with a new technique I've been trying my self, dry emboss masking.
Here's a closer look.
Here's a fun idea: Started by creating a double cardstock mask. Stamped and cut out the square frame from cardstock twice and adhered the two together. With removable adhesive, adhered the mask onto the center of the kraft card base. Making sure to adhere it ink side up.
Inked up the Impression Plate in Fresh Snow. Laid the card front face down onto the inked impression plate, created an embossing sandwich and then ran it through my Die Cutting Machine.
And this was the result.
Once done with the embossing, stamped the frame and sentiment with in and embellished. I've embellished my card with a die cut and hand stamped felt Dahlia from Delightful Dahlia. Here's A Tip: I've been asked many times how I adhere felt to a card. Well, here's how. I start by figuring out the arrangement of my felt pieces. When I'm ready to adhere, I usually try to adhere my adhesive directly to the cardstock first. The glue dots in the picture above are placed for the leaves.
Once the leaves are firmly pressed into place I adhere the glue dots for the flower, as pictured above.
Then firmly press the flower into place and embellish with a button and twine.

So what do you think? Wouldn't it be fun to pull out your PTI sets and see what other sentiments fit into the frame?! You'll get your chance soon, Framed is available September 15th.

That's it from me today. But, for even more Papertrey Ink Countdown goodness stop by and see what these talented ladies have in store for you...

Thanks for joining me today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Maile


Joy:

Peace On Earth:

Happy Birthday to You:

Bliss:

34 comments:

  1. Your samples are all so beautiful Mailes! These frame stamps are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. Your blue Joy card is so stunning. I love how you used the opening to 'funnel' the swirl - so clever. All your samples are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so creative! I love the spin you put on the open part of the frame in your "Joy" card - never would have thought to put a flourish through it as opposed to a sentiment! And I love how you created a frame for your letterpress card. Simply wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great set of cards today. I particularly like the aqua mist joy and kraft bliss ones. Love your simple style which packs such a hefty punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful cards Maile. Thanks for the tutorial.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maile your cards are amazing!! The first one with the snowflakes is simply stunning - I am SO casing that one as soon as I get my new stamps :) Great job!! ~Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Maile! Love you blowing some winter into the first card but my favourite has to be the Say It With Style one - absolutely adore that stamped background and the colours! Wish I'd come up with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You continue to inpsire me...such wonderful cards...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maile, I love your amazing cards! If anyone is indecisive about Framed, she won't be after seeing your designs! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile, your cards are always first-rate, but you've outdone yourself today. I love the striking ornament card, and the letterpress card is stunning. I can't wait to try that technique. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY, Maile! These are gorgeous cards...my fave is the snowflake one with the flourish swooshing in from the top! Blustery and fab, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving your samples. The first and the last are my faves! This frame set it too cool and so PTI. I love it! I love how you used the swirls in the opening of the frame instead of what was expected, a sentiment. And how you used felt for the flower and leaves. So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Joy card is just breathtaking...and will probably be my Christmas card this year! So elegant and simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous cards. The bliss one is stunning and my favourite. Thanks for the tutorial with the letterpress - I really want to try that now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards with this new set! I especially love the first one with the flourish and snowflakes, it is so serene and perfect for mass producing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome example projects! After looking at your cards I find myself adding to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. your cards are lovely and i am so happy to see you using the 'letterpress' technique. i have been experimenting with it as well and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so fantastic Maile! I love your thinking-outside-the-box style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! I love what you did with the impression plate and white ink! FANTASTIC! That is a really neat technique!!! And I love the Birthday card, those colors are GREAT together! TOO FUN! :D
    Your designs are awesome and VERY creative. It's always fun to see what you have made! And I can't wait until the PTI release...it is going to be BETTER than Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, Maile--this set is right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, I love how you have the flourish swooping through the open space in the frame! It looks wonderful with the snowflakes. I absolutely love the dahlia card too. Got to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the letterpress card using Kraft-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just amazingly beautiful cards!! I can't even pick a favorite-I do like that Joy card, but they are all just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like the second card and the technique you used for it. I'll have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are all gorgeous samples, gotta have this set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my maile!! love, love, love!! it's been too long sice i've been to your blog...your work is wonderful!! perfect inspiring samples!! makes me want all the fun things you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I especially love those first two holiday card samples Maile!! Flipping the frame---genius!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! I am in awe at the Joy card...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maile, you never fail to wow me with your talent! These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Maile! You have been crazy busy!! I love the calendar and the one layer cards! :) Tell my boy "Kim's" says hello ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodnesses, I love the way you stamp, woman! These ideas are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS