Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Flower Favorites Revisited

Thanks for joining me today for the September Papertrey Ink Senior DT Challenge. This time around we are bringing back Flower Favorites!
Flower Favorites is easily a favorite go-to flower set of mine.  Since its release, I've used it for simple one-layer cards and I even used the iris as an accent image on paper goods for a ladies luncheon.  I'm happy to be using it again for today's feature.
After Saturday's fun I'm still on a high from the Stamp-a-faire event.  So I've drawn inspiration from my own card pattern, #9 shared for the SAF 2015: Patterns Challenge, for today's cards. 
A little bit of heat embossed layering, done with clear embossing powder, takes this simple card up a notch. It's kind of an unexpected touch.
A horizontal layout gave me enough room to stamp a whole row of blooms.  You may notice that I did not stamp the leaves on this bunch.  I was just going for another look, that's all.
For something a little different I trimmed the sentiment strips into banners.

Well, that's it from me today. Hope you enjoy this months feature! Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Flower Favorites goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile




Flower Favorites Card Duo
Stamps: Flower Favorites
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold, Melon Berry, True Black, and Versamark
Cardstock: White and  Kraft
Pattern Paper: Pattern Vellum
Other: Clear Embossing Powder and Black Rhinestones

10 comments:

  1. Love your take on this stamp set. My favorite flower of the set! Your card pattern is really great. I've used it twice already. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this stamp set. My favorite flower of the set! Your card pattern is really great. I've used it twice already. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this stamp set. My favorite flower of the set! Your card pattern is really great. I've used it twice already. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and clean. Gorgeous, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've used the clear embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, the clear embossing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That heat embossing really makes the simple card gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS