Sunday, January 11, 2015

Text Block: Party Time die and Party Trio dies

Hi there! Welcome to day two of the January Papertrey Ink countdown.  

I'm here today to share a few samples using a couple of this months new products... Text Block: Party Time die and the Party Trio dies. This is a very festive post! Featuring fun ways to use these celebration themed items.  Check it out...
First up the Text Block: Party Time die.  This stunning die has so many possiblites! It would be so pretty layered with colored vellum, made into a shaker element, copic or water coloring underneath the frame and of course, so much more!  Turn it into a tag or feature it on a card!
I chose to go with a simple, but bold look.  Keeping the overall design neutral so that the bright balloons would stand out.  I had to die cut the Text Block: Party Time die from white, limeade ice, aqua mist, melon berry and lavender moon cardstock to achieve this look.
My second card features both Text Block: Party Time die and the Party Trio dies.  I die cut the text block from aqua mist cardstock and rotated it onto its side and trimmed off the excess, keeping the balloons intact. 
Attached a party strip and embellished with a few enamel dots.  This Party Trio die was die cut from smokey shadow cardstock.  
Here I've paired one of the Party Trio dies with another new item from this months release... Hey, Cupcake!.
There is a square stamp image featured in this new stamp set and I used the backside of it for my lavender moon square.  I'm quite pleased with the faded center, where the stamp did not impress all the way.  Looks sort of like I planned it that way when actually, I didn't.  A happy accident.

Well, that concludes today's look at Text Block: Party Time die and the Party Trio dies. Just remember... all that you have seen today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning January 15th

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady for the details on today's featured new product.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Balloon Let's Party Card
Cardstock: soft stone, limeade ice, aqua mist, melon berry and lavender moon
Other: Text Block: Party Time die and enamel dots

Balloon Party Card
Cardstock: soft stone, aqua mist, smokey shadow and white
Other: Text Block: Party Time die and the Party Trio dies and enamel dots

Cupcake Party Card
Stamps: Hey, Cupcake!
Ink: lavender moon, true black and harvest gold
Cardstock: white and smokey shadow
Other: Hey, Cupcake! die collection and gold glitter dots

23 comments:

  1. Oh how much I love this Text block Party tie die!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You showcased a great die to perfection! The colors on the first card, maximum WOW! Love them all, especially love the 'happy accident' lavender print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your designs...simplistic and understated elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your applications of these new products, especially the balloons in the first example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I too really like how your 'happy accident' turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great happy accident!!! :) wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love how your style is simple yet looks so layered and full of punch. My mind so does not naturally see things the way yours does - but I sure love seeing the results of your style and creativity - opens whole new opportunities for me to seek and embrace this idea. I appreciate the simplicity of approach without sacrificing an ounce of style! Thanks for sharing what you do! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always adore your cards and today is no exception! Thank you for all the inspiration you give us each and every month. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Fabulous" accident - LOL Great cads, Mailes - always love what you do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile, you nailed it with all of these today...including your "happy accident." Love your color choices of balloons in your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual, another great set of sample cards. Loved them all, especially the balloons. Wish it came with just balloons and no wording. Don't always want to do the "party" thing and the balloons alone would make a great bd card

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sold me on the "lets party" die! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first card is the showstopper for me. It has an incredible mix of colors and the enamel dots give the balloons dimension.
    Hope we'll be seeing stamp sets from you this year, Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the versatility you showed with your cards using the Text Block Party Time die. I immediately fell in love with your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, these are awesome! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love your first card. Can't wait to get the die so I can recreate it.

    Thanks so much!
    Josiane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific cards! Like how you've used the new stamps/dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you did with the text box die. the colored baloons with the matching dots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love all of these cards but especially the first one. I can't work out though what you have put in between each balloon string, almost like a curved piece of cardstock. Can you please explain what you did?? I hope this makes sense. I love the effect but can't for the life of me work out why it looks so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pieces of the die cut between the balloon strings were left open, unfilled. I simple die cut the Text Block die from all of the cardstock colors used and pieced everything together like a puzzle. Only the balloons were filled. What you are seeing is probably the shadow created by popping the die cut up on dimensional adhesive. I hope this answers your question!

      Delete
  20. The balloons in your first card are so cute. I love how you incorporated a word into that scene. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS