Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Homemade Holiday Gifts & Tags

Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink October countdown. 

Thanks to today's product feature I have my Christmas gifts and wrappings already planned out for this year.  I'm fairly certain that after viewing today's project selection (brought to you by the design team) you will too!  

I have a lot to share with you today.  So, let me get started...
My first gift ensemble focuses on the Canned stamp set and coordinating dies.  I've never canned anything in my life, but I still absolutely love all Weck canning jars.  I am so excited to share my love for them this year by filling them with homemade mustard and meat rub.  No canning involved, just fill, cap, decorate and refrigerate.  Easy peasy!  Here are the jars I used, size #976.
Mustard recipe found here. I kept the wrapping simple to let the jars and the contents take center stage.  I simply wrapped with smokey shadow ribbon and tied the ends through the hole I punched in the banner style die cut (included in the Jar Bonnet die collection), which was stamped with the coordinating strip stamp in smokey shadow ink.
I used the same technique when decorating the rub jar.  Just used half of the Folded Foodie Tag and stamped it with the coordinating stamp.  The recipe is one my hubby came up with and we use it all-the-time.  Delicious on tri-tip and burgers!  In case your curious, he let me share it...  
1/4 C brown sugar, 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1/2-1 tsp chipotle chili pepper (depending on how much heat you like).
My second ensemble is a pillow box and ornament tag combo, created using the Cross Stitch Alphabet dies and Cross Stitched stamp set.
Each include a hand stitched monogram.
I'm sure most of you know by now, but the Essential Pillow Box is perfect for gift cards! Here's a nice shot of the stitched monogramming and the bow tied from soft stone grosgrain ribbon.
Here's a shot at how the ornament started out.  I used the label shape die (included in the Jar Bonnet die collection) and die cut three times from scarlet jewel cardstock and once from matching pattern paper.  Using a 1/8" hole punch I punched through all four pieces at the same time.  Scored down the center of each of them.  Stitched one, dated and signed (if you prefer) another and attached the final two together.  Using a strong adhesive (I like these and these!) I attached all three side together, strung floss through the holes to create the loop for hanging and finished it off by threading 1/4" silk ribbon through the holes and tied the ends together on the pattern paper side.
The "Handstitched for You" phrase is included in the Cross Stitched stamp set.  This side is perfect for writing a person message to the receiver, would work best if you could do it before assembling.


My final ensemble uses the Vintage Favor It Box die and coordinating Just a Little Something stamp set.
Inspired by this photo, I chose to create a limeade ice, kraft and scarlet jewel box stack wrapped with smokey shadow ribbon.  Each box fits four chocolate squares perfectly.
Topped the boxes off with a couple holly leaves (die cut using dies from the Seasonal Stitching die collection) and a banner (created using the Just a Little Something stamp set and die) tied on with black Baker's twine.

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Just remember... everything you've seen peek of today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning October 15th


Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Gift Ensemble #1
Stamps: Canned
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Cardstock: Kraft
Others: American Crafts Precision Pen 03, Smokey Shadow Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4 Hole Punch, Jar Bonnet Die, Folded Foodie Tag Die and Weck canning jars

Gift Ensemble #2
Stamps: Cross Stitched
Ink: True Black
Cardstock: Kraft and Scarlet Jewel
Pattern Paper: Scarlet Jewel
Others: Embroidery Floss, Soft Stone Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" White Silk RibbonCross Stitch Alphabet, Essential Pillow BoxJar Bonnet Die, 1/8" Hole Punch, 3/8 Glue Dots and Mini Glue Dots

Gift Ensemble #3
Stamps: Just a Little Something
Cardstock: Limeade IceKraft and Scarlet Jewel
Others: Smokey Shadow Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Baker's Twine, Score-TapeSeasonal Stitching die collection and Just a Little Something die

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Maile - just beautiful! Those are very sweet jars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great gift ideas! You've really got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love everything! That paper ornament is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those small jars with rub and mustard, Yum! Who wouldn't want to get such a beautifully package of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maile Belles,

    What a great idea to stack the boxes in different colors! I love it!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jars with the rub and mustard. The link to the mustard recipe does not seem to be live. Can you share the recipe please..... Thank you! Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow box is super cute and the tag on it is gorgeous, this dark red and the pattern on the other side made it look marvelous!
    House cleaning Harrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those stacked boxes! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS