Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Autumn Hills Revisited

Thanks for joining me today for the October Papertrey Ink Senior DT Challenge. This time around we are bringing back Autumn Hills
Happy autumn!  We've been experiencing a taste of fall weather here in my neck of the woods, and it felt great whipping up a couple cards perfect for the season.
My first card showcases the block scene image included in this set.  A bit of watercoloring adds the perfect fall colored backdrop. 
Here's how the look was achieved... I began by attaching my stamp image onto my acrylic block backwards, so that the sold backside was facing out.  This allowed me to ink it up with three different ink pads, by first pressing the lightest color all over and then the darker two colors on the edges. I sprayed a bit of water (using a tiny misting spray bottle) onto the stamp, which helped to blend the colors.
Then finished the card off with a trimmed sentiment and black Baker's twine.
My second card utilizes a couple of the individual images included in Autumn Hills.
I used the same water color technique as above to help ground the grouped images and sentiment. 

Well, that's it from me today. Hope you enjoy this month feature! Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Autumn Hills goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile

10 comments:

  1. These are so strikingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolor Maile, such depth of color. As always, you demonstrate that simplicity in technique offers spectacular results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color blending! Love the technique--will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I love the simple technique that produced such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your coloring technique on these terrific cards! I stopped getting your blog posts for months and I'm so glad I received this one. Gave me so many ideas for upcoming fall and winter cards. Thanks for the inspiration, Maile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. You really have mastered "white space."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love how you'v created the panels making superb greeting cards x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat effect the block of colour creates...need to try.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS