Saturday, October 12, 2013

Confetti Garland Borders + 'Tis the Season Sentiments

Hi there! Just popping in quickly for day three of the Papertrey Ink countdown and to share a few samples using two new sets... Confetti Garland Borders (designed by Nichole Heady) and 'Tis the Season Sentiments (designed by me).  Keep in mind that both of these sets, and the new dies I will be using too, will be available for purchase beginning October 15th at Papertrey Ink.

So, let me get right to it...
First up, I used the Confetti Garland Borders stamp set along with the coordinating dies.  Die cut the garlands from white cardstock, stamped the shapes first and then filled in with the polka dot connectors.  I chose to stamp in a very non traditional color... black.  The pop of color came via the aqua mist cardstock panel and pure poppy sentiment, from 'Tis the Season Sentiments.  
I added a little bend when attaching the garlands and then finished the card off with a touch of black rhinestones.  My hubby says this card gives off a retro fifties vibe.  What do you think?!
Using the stamped images from Confetti Garland Borders stamp set, along with the new Stitching Lines Dies, I created a faux stitched garland look on this one-layer card.
I began by die cutting the stitching holes.  Then stamped the stars, hearts and circles in a color combo of  ocean tides, pure poppy and soft stone.  Stamped the solid line image across the holes to create the look of black thread and then finished the card off with a sentiment from 'Tis the Season Sentiments.  This one's got sort of a slight rustic vibe.
Lastly, yet another use for those versatile garland building images.  This time the snowflake images in a bit more traditional use.
I began by stamping one of the sentiments, included in the 'Tis the Season Sentiments set, three times to mimic the holiday song.  Randomly stamped the snowflakes in aqua mist and limeade ice and added a touch of glitter to the centers.  Then finished the card off with swirly snowflake paths, drawn by hand using a pencil.  I'd say this card gives off a more whimsical feel.

Well, that concludes today's look at Confetti Garland Borders and 'Tis the Season Sentiments. Just remember... these stamp sets and coordinating dies will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning October 15th. In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to share!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady for even more peeksAlso, Heather NicholsDawn McVeyMelissa BickfordErin Lincoln and Lizzie Jones have peeks to share with you of their newest sets and dies for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

19 comments:

  1. Love all of your cards today Maile! You stole my heart with your first one though, being a child of the 50's. Your color combo of Aqua Mist/black is just stunning. And your new sentiment set will be a great addition to my Holiday sentiment collection! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your cards!! Especially Tis the Season and Let It Snow! Your style is clean and fresh, beauty to applaud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three of your cards, cannot even pick a favourite! The colour combo on the first is striking and yes, has a 50-60's vibe and the last whimsical card...great movement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards - they are so different and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of Confetti Garland Borders...I'm in LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your fonts! So different than anything out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about the Tis the Season card. The colors are really nice and I will CASE the way you used the stitching lines die! Very very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Your cards always blow me away with their breathless simplicity. Every year I aspire to pare down my holiday card making to be as Maile-esque as possible. I fail spectacularly, but it's fun trying and I'm sure I save myself at least a couple of layers in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Maile - A trio of beauties, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all three, but Be Merry is just too too fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful cards - but then they always are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't think I liked the stat he'd lines. Now I see the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like all your cards. I am really likin' the one you incorporated the stitching die onto it. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the 'Let It Snow', simple and oh so pretty. I love the confetti garland on the blue!
















    ReplyDelete
  15. You have made awesome cards pairing these wonderful new sets together! Each card is a terrific design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love that last card. The font on the sentiment is so whimsical and fresh.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS