Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beautiful Beads

Hi, there!  The Papertrey Ink design team and I are here today to showcase the Beautiful Beads die & paper pads. Check out Nichole's video (here) all about the Beautiful Beads product line.
 
Here's what I've come up with...
The special die that cuts the slender triangles, used to make paper beads, are super fun to work with.  Here's a card I assembled using a few of them.
I chose to work with the pink and orange mix paper pad.  I randomly placed the triangles into the bottom corner of the card front and trimmed off the excess.  Topped it with a sentiment strip, from the Simple Sentiments stamp set, which I attached using dimensional adhesive.
Up next, a coordinating necklace using the hand rolled beads I made.  My mother is a very talented wire jewelry artist and she has passed onto me a little bit of that love and technique.  So, what I've made for today requires basic skills and knowledge of wiring jewelry and the right tools, findings and supplies.  The Internet is a great resource for such things.  :)
The beads were made using both the pink and orange polka dot papers and I sealed them up with some clear nail polish, for a bit of shine.  Wired them up with gold wire, jump rings and chain into a chevron pattern.
Turned out exactly as planned!
 
Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile
 

7 comments:

  1. WOW Maile...that card. is. amazing. And I just LOVE the colors you used too! That necklace is so neat! Even if I looked it up, I don't think I'd be able to do it! :) Love how it is in a chevron pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angle of your beads! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your necklace! Way cool & trendy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace! Spot on for my chevron obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! the card and the necklace! what a pretty idea for paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is perfect. Love the color combo and the card, AS ALWAYS, is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS