Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rosie Posie

Hello everyone and welcome! It's day four of the Papertrey Ink Countdown, as well as group post day one. Our challenge this month was to find an inspiration photo and create cards featuring the new set Rosie Posie as both a focal point and a hand stamped background. I've got a bunch to share with you today, so let me get started...My first card was inspired by this gorgeous indoor living space (photo from here). I love the bold and clean color combo of black and white with a pop of color. Here's what I came up with...The boldly striped curtains and the damask pattern on the pillow lead to this hand stamped card base. I stamped it using two of the three background building strips included in Rosie Posie, in True Black ink onto a white card base.For a pop of color I stamped the flower stem in Spring Moss, just off of the edge of a white cardstock block. The sentiment used is from Birthday Bash Sentiments. For the flower... I die cut and stamped the base image; then stamped, trimmed and attached additional layers to give this gorgeous flower tons of dimension.I fell in love with the colors of this next inspiration photo (photo from here). Here's what I came up with...And here's my single layer card for the day. I started with a Soft Stone card base and stamped the large flower in a color combo of Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile and Sweet Blush. Added a sentiment (from the new Flower Fusion #11 set) stamped in Dark Chocolate and finished the card of with a scattering of brown rhinestones.Check out this gorgeous chair, it makes for perfect inspiration!Here's how it all started... Drawing inspiration from the bird and flower pattern and the yummy yellow color of the chair, I hand stamped my own pattern paper. I chose to combine a few of the flower and leaf images from Rosie Posie with butterflies from Butterfly Dreams. The dots are from Rosie Posie (large) and Polka Dot Basics (medium and small). Here's How: I basically stamped this pattern by starting and building from one corner, arranging and fitting the images closely together (but without touching each other) like a puzzle. Then filled in any gaps with the three different sized dots (starting with the largest dot).I stamped an additional pattern using one of the background patterns from Rosie Posie. Trimmed both pieces, wrapped with white embroidery floss and attached them to a white card base with dimensional adhesive.Finished it off with Harvest Gold sentiment strip (sentiment from Fillable Frames #1).My final inspiration is from Heather Bailey Online (here). I love the look of the colorful blossoms included in a lot of her fabrics. My hope for this last card was to incorporate that idea onto a paper flower in the same fashion. Here's what I came up with...I started by die cutting a Mega Mat Stack #4 from Aqua Mist cardstock. It's a bit hard to see in the photo above (you can get a much better look in the photo below), but I stamped the Aqua Mist Mat Stack with different sized leaves using Fresh Snow, Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks. Stamped a sentiment (from the new Happy Day set) and attached the panel to a white card base.Here's where I tried to achieve the look of a signature Heather Bailey flower... I die cut and stamped the flower in Sweet Blush ink. Then touched the flower up with an orange and red Copic maker (using very light strokes). I think I can use a few more practice runs before I achieve the look I'm going for. Anyways, you get the idea.

Well, that's it from me. Be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today. I know I can't wait to see!...

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Happy Birthday:

You Make My Life Blossom!:

Hello:


Happy Mother's Day:

37 comments:

  1. These are my absolute favorites! They're all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last flower is stunning!!!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not be what you saw in your mind, but I think you nailed it with the Heather Bailey–inspired flower. Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...your creations areeee sooooo gorgeous ! I love them...each card is so absolutely different from the other and such gorgeousness !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maile, what you did to the last flower is amazing!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. incredible - love every look, and you really pulled off the Heather Bailey effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are my FAVORITE using this set of all the DT members, Maile! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maile!

    Happy to see some cards from you this release! Love these! And I love it that every DT member uses inspiration photos, that gives you inspiration on what to do if you are stuck in mojo! Perfect!! Your cards are superduper gorgeous! Love the colors in every single one!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love the "Happy Birthday" sentiment, but don't see it in the Signature Greetings set? :\

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just had to leave a comment today. I LOVE every single one of your cards. And the yellow background you created on your hello card left me in a awe. I just sat and stared at it for a while. I always love your cards, but today they were especially incredible. -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I certainly do get the idea with the Copic markers! Fabulous way to express the inspiration. The background paper you made in yellow is exquisite and the bold black and white design is perfect with the bright flower just off the side of the focal layer! Great job-thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um - WOW! Those last two cards are crazy good. I love the way you colored in that card and I love the combination of patterns on the yellow one! These are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning..LOVE LOVE the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your Copic coloring is superb! I gasped when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!WOOOOW! my fav is the summer sunrise one, man it looks like a patterned paper, prettty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your popped up flower on the first card! Must try this technique! And you totally nailed the flower coloring in your last card. Fab inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No WAYYYYY!!!! I can't believe how amazing that yellow patterned paper looks! That is going into my "amazing things you can do with stamps" file of ideas.
    Your coloring on that last flower looks spot-on to me, even if you think you need more practice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Maile, these projects are beyond gorgeous. I will come back to these beautiful designs again and again for inspiration. You are amazing.

    Kathy McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously? You are genius! I am in love with the last card where you used the Copics to add bold color strokes to the rose image.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love how the photos help create the cards on everyone's posts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - amazing. So much inspiration here. The way you fitted all the patterns together to create the pattern in your third card is incredible. And my jaw dropped when I saw your 4th card - I can't say enough good stuff about the flawless coloring of that flower...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's going to be your fault if I go poor! LOL!! You always make me want to buy every single set! Hope you and your family have a very merry and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just gorgeous Maile! Always drawn to these floral prints on fabric too. Your replications are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are all great. I Love the last one though! Did you use the new inks or the old ones?

    ReplyDelete
  25. THUD! I love your style....totally envious. beautiful inspiration pieces. thelast one is my fave, but the yellow creation is a CLOSE second.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, Maile! All four cards are outrageously gorgeous! You have knocked it out of the park with these designs, using Nichole's new set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Maille, the yellow card that you made your own patterned paper for is absolutely amazing! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I love all of your samples and inspiration photos. My favorite is the Mother's Day card, it's simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW!! Each one of your cards is amazing!!! I love that amazing yellow stamped background, and the wonderful flower that you accented with the Copics, the black hexie background, and your one layer card! So much inspiration: you're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how you interpreted these photos into cards. Every time is scrolled down I thought how stunning they all are!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I won a stamp set from PTI and based on your inspiration here I chose Rosie Posie. Can't wait to have it in my hot little hands to play and CASE your works of art. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Maile, just love your latest cards created with Rosie Posie from PTI, they were the inspiration for my purchasing the set and dies!
    I'm including my address as I CASED your one card completely because I thought it was perfect for a friend's birthday and wanted you to know I gave credit to you. Thank you so much, I always look forward to seeing what you have created.

    http://nancylempinen2.blogspot.com/2012/01/birthdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Maile your yellow stamped paper is absolutely wonderful. Love how brilliantly the butterflies fit in perfectly with Rosie stamps. And your "Heather Bailey" is fabulous too - love the added shading.

    ReplyDelete
  34. A-ha! Birthday Bash! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS