Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Summertime Inspiration (and Southwestern Style)

Hello and welcome to day 3 of the Papertrey Ink May countdown! 

Today is the first group post and it's all about summertime color inspiration! Today we bring you a look at Second Helping of Sunshine (by Lizzie Jones), Quilted: Summer and Plaid Builder (by Betsy Veldman).  My color theme for today's projects... Indigo.
Indigo is quite the rage in fashion this summer.  This watercolor look, in shaded of blue, is popping up in stationary too.  It's not your typical summer color combo, but my own wardrobe is filled with these shades of blue and I couldn't help but fix my summer themed projects for today's group post on indigo!  My color combo... enchanted evening, gold/summer sunrise/harvest gold, kraft, and a touch of green. 
My inspiration image above can be found here.
First up, a floral take using Quilted: Summer.  Here's how... I like to acheive the indigo look by inking my stamps in enchanted evening ink, spritzing with a bit of water and then stamping.  
Each impression ends up slightly different then the first, it creates varying shades of blue, and adds to the handmade effect.
I'm really loving the window pane plaid these days, this blouse... needs to make its way into my closet, stat!  I was more than happy to recreate its pattern using the soon to be released Plaid Builder.  This plaid building strip is a twofer, two lines incorporated into one stamp.  I was able to stamp this pattern in not time!
A bowl full of golden yellow cherries (stamped using Second Helping of Sunshine) tops this card off beautifully!
Lastly, a look at Southwestern Style in indigo.  I think the two look great together!
I took the boldest strip from Plaid Builder and randomly stamped it, crisscrossing in the corner.
Over the indigo strips, I stamped a triangle Southwestern Style pattern border three times and topped it off with a sentiment.
This indigo number was stamped using a single Southwestern Style border. 
Stamped and embossed in gold.

Well, that concludes today's look at Second Helping of SunshineQuilted: Summer and Plaid Builder. Just remember... all that you have seen today will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning May 15th.  More details on these products can be found at the Papertrey Ink blog.

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



A Little Sunshine Card
Stamps: Quilted: Summer
Ink: Enchanted Evening and True Black
Cardstock: Kraft, Luxe Gold and White
Other: 1/4" White Silk Ribbon and Mister Spray Bottle

Hello There, Friend Card
Stamps: Plaid Builder and Second Helping of Sunshine
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, and True Black
Cardstock: White and Kraft
Other: Black Rhinestone and Mister Spray Bottle

Indigo Striped Thanks Card
Stamps: Southwestern Style and Plaid Builder
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Kraft and True Black
Cardstock: Kraft and White
Other: Mister Spray Bottle

Dotty Thanks Card
Stamps: Southwestern Style
Ink: Enchanted Evening, True Black, and Versamark Ink
Cardstock: White and Luxe Gold
Other: Gold Embossing Powder and Mister Spray Bottle

25 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgous cards very elegant actually

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Reminds me to go raid my fabric stash when I need inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards almost look like Delft's blue ware, they're fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your indigo colour scheme. Gorgeous cards that happen to look absolutely stunning all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maile, these are so gorgeous ... you had a wonderful jumping-off point from that fabulous inspiration photo! Since "second helpings" is a term I use often on my blog, I'm particularly drawn to it - love your golden cherries!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love indigo too! Beautiful inspiration, brilliant layouts, fabulous combos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! Fantastic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous examples, as always, Maile! I LOVE your indigo, gold and kraft combination! You do SO MUCH, with so little, it always amazes me! Sue (suen)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards Maile!! I dont know that I have a fav but the friend one with the squares does seem to pop out at me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. O wow something totally different. I love it. Good job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all fabulous! I love the indigo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maile Belles,

    ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all you designs in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it this really good information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/06/obat-pelangsing-herbal-http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/pelangsing-badan-bio-slim-
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/kapsul-pelangsing-abc-acaiberry-softgel.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/hair-tonicum-penumbuh-rambut-cepat-dan.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/teknologi-vacum-pembesar-payudara.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/obat-herbal-diabetes-ling-zhi.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/suplemen-peninggi-badan-grow-up-super.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/obat-mata-eye-super-pill.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/obat-herbal-dan-celana-terapi-hernia.html
    http://www.sehatslim.com/2013/07/obat-herbal-pelangsing-lida-dali.html

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS