Monday, September 1, 2014

Harvest Berries Revisited

Thanks for joining me today for the September Papertrey Ink Senior DT Challenge. This time around we are bringing back Harvest Berries
Autumn (my favorite season!) is quickly approaching.  Almost no better way to bring in the new season than with the feature of the wonderful Harvest Berries stamp set.  This "oldie" is one that has proven to be very versatile over the years.  
Our goal this month is to share with you just how versatile this set truly is by creating both a traditional autumn themed card and an everyday/year around application of these images.
After browsing Pinterest I chose to work with this photo as my jumping off point for my autumn themed card.
Drawing inspiration from the colors... black and orange with rustic white cardstock.  It's a simple yet bold color combo.  
Typical Halloween colors, but I wanted to challenge myself to use them in a more formal way.  I stamped a background using both the outline and solid leaf images, and then polished the look off with a few large rhinestones.  And that completes the autumn look.
Now, drawing inspiration from my first card I created a second project featuring more of a everyday look.  One that's perfect for use in any season of the year. I stuck with the same basic layout, images, sentiment and embellishment type.
I rotated the layout and changed up the colors to limeade ice, ocean tides and black.

Well, that's it from me today. Hope you enjoy this month feature! Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Harvest Berries goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile

8 comments:

  1. Wowza, Maile! These cards are totally AWESOME! I love the way they turned out by changing the orientation and yet how different they feel. These are SO worth caseing, my dear! You da bomb!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! You always have such a unique perspective for using stamp sets! I always love coming to your blog for inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I still have never purchased Harvest Berries and it is one of my favorite sets too...what's up with that?! Gorgeous work, Maile! Love the Limeade Ice and Ocean Tides color combo:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! I have CASED your ideas and changed up the colors... love them. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful cards and neat layouts that add so much interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously done Maile! Love the color combos and big rhinestones. Such a sweet sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards. Wish I would have purchased that set. Hmmm,,, wish list....

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are truly beautiful -- I am always excited to check out new entries on your blog, and you never cease to amaze. I am a big fan. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS