Saturday, January 14, 2012

Simply Jane

The final day of the Papertrey Ink Countdown is here and the Design Team has one final group post to share with you today. This time around we bring you a look at Simply Jane, designed by Nichole Heady. The phrase "simply splendid" is what comes to mind when I think of the new stamp set. It's such a beautifully designed set and that frame... it's to die for! Creating stunningly gorgeous creations is going to be a breeze when working with these images. Check out the loveliness I have to share with you today!...Even though I've kept things super simple, the Simply Jane images give my card just the right touch of beauty to keep from being too boring.Here's How: I started with the bouquet image. I love how this entire image was designed in two parts... the bouquet itself as one stamp image and then the bow as a second. This makes it easy to stamp using multiple colors. I inked the top portion of the bouquet in Canyon Clay and the bottom in Spring Moss.Stamped the bouquet onto a die cut oval. Next, I inked the bow in Aqua Mist.Then stamped it into place. Easy peasy and it looks pretty too!Stamped a sentiment (also from the Simply Jane stamp set) in True Black. Then, using Smoky Shadow ink, I stamped this gorgeous frame onto a kraft card base. Then, with dimensional adhesive, I mounted the stamped oval within.Then finished the card off with a couple Canyon Clay buttons strung with embroidery floss.

Well, that's it from me today. Be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Thank You So Much:

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! Simply stunning is what comes to my mind on seeing your card, Maile. I've started stamping my sentiments over top of stamped images after seeing you do it. Thanks for the inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Like the way you stamped on top of the flower image, looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do CAS like this. Lovely card Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of this -- so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your elegant simplicity Maile! Always so beautiful.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so beautiful, the frames are beautiful with and without the dies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! I too, like the stamping of sentiments over the tops of other stamped images. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exquisitely designed, Maile! The bouquet of flowers is such a sweet image - love that the bow is separate!
    The coordinating buttons add the most perfect finishing touch :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card, Maile! This set certainly looks like a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile...I so love your style! You know exactly where to place your focal images and the perfect colour combo's to use! This is stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS