Sunday, November 13, 2011

Background Basics: Circles Day Five

It's day 5 of the Papertrey Ink November Countdown and that means everything that you've been getting peeks at during this week will be available for purchase tomorrow, through Papertrey Ink!!! For this final day of the Countdown I've got a couple more projects and a stamp storage solution to share with you.

Let me get started with today's cards first...My first card features a fun cut out idea that I happened to come up with by accident. Once I stamped the dragonfly and sentiment (both from Happy Trails), my original intentions was to trim and cut away the right edge around the dragonfly (just like I had done on the Genuine Friend card I previously posted here).
But, my first cut just wasn't right, so I cut again. At this point I decided to just trim away the excess between the first and second cuts. Once trimmed, I carefully attached to a Melon Berry card base, after stamping a row of Background Basics: Circles dots. I love that this is an easy technique which adds a lot more to a card than just attaching a simple strip of cardstock or pattern paper.
Next up, a colorful creation. I pulled out the small dot background building strip and stamped a rainbow of rows onto a Rustic White card base. Die cut a Quatrefoil Cover Plate from Rustic Cream cardstock and attached to the front of the card base.Then embellished the card with a colorful butterfly. I die cut and stacked a rainbow of die cut butterflies and topped them off with a sentiment from Happy Trails.Nichole had noted on the first day of the countdown...

"PLEASE NOTE: The length of the patterned strips in this set was increased to allow for an extra wide base for easy placement and lining up per customer request. However, because of this change, Not all of the strips will fit in a CD case for storage. An index label and CD case will still be included with the set, but we do suggest finding an alternate storage method for this specific set."

The photo above gives you an idea of the sizes and how I have chosen to store them. I've crammed them into a CD case, but a more suitable option would be to store these stamps in a DVD case, which would provide plenty of room. I hope this info helps!

That's it from me today! But don't forget, tomorrow (November 15th) is the day to get your hands on Background Basics: Circles and all else from this months Countdown, at Papertrey Ink!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Heather Nichols, Dawn McVey, Beth Silaika & Melissa Bickford for even more countdown goodness.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


Celebrate Today:

You Color My World:

16 comments:

  1. Great ideas, great cards. I don't think we can ever have enough background designs and Paper Trey sure can think of many. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the extra length on the stamp set, could be stored on a strip of hard acrylic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the color dots behind the new quatrefoil die!! Gorgeous! Pretty, pretty cards!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile I just love your cards, simple but powerful! Thank you for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrific inspirations so unique too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take bigger stamp bases over storage in a single CD case any day. And I love your happy accident in the first card. The two tones of colors in the card below (other post) is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful, Maile and "great minds think alike...." DVD cases are exactly what I suggested in one of my comments :o) I wonder how many others had similar thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunningly simple! You are the master! Love these 2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' your cards!! Especially the happy little accident on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile---you are SOOOOOOOO amazing! AMAZZZZZZZZZZING! I love love love your cards! I hope you don't mind when I case you!!! I just wish I had thought of these ideas! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these cards are so unique and wonderful! One so simply stamped with the "accidental" but marvelous-looking, cut-strip technique. The other covered with layers of color and circle stamping, overlaid w/the beautiful,new cover plate die, adorned with one lone butterfly. Simply stated ... Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooohhhhh loving your rainbow card with the quatrefoil die cut on top. It's just STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is so cute. Love all these cards here, great job :) I've got you bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to get my hands on my order with the circles in it ... love your designs and your gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maile, I know I'm really slow on the commenting, but anyway... Thank-you for the photo of how to fit the Background Basics: Circles into the CD case! I will keep my eye out for a DVD case instead, but I have had those poor stamps homeless because I couldn't figure out a solution! Your photo has helped.

    AND, I just love your rainbow butterfly! I have layered up to three layers on butterflies before, but I have a feeling I'll be going for more in a very short while. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS