Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Chevron Chic Challenge

Ok, so over at the Moxie Fab World Blog, Cath is hosting a challenge that I just can't pass up...The Chevron Chic Challenge! I'm sure most of you have already seen it and know what it's all about. But in case not, it's all about the trendy trend of Chevron Stripes. You may also be aware of my latest Papertrey Ink stamp set, that I designed, called Background Basics: Chevron Stripes. See... this challenge was made for me to take it on. So, I pulled out my stamps and this is what I came up with...A simple yet trendy single layer card. I used a bright and fun color combo of Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart & True Black. Starting with a Rustic White card base, I stamped two of the Background Basics: Chevron Stripes along the right side of the card base. Here's A Tip: To guarantee perfect placement... I started by stamping the Hibiscus Burst stripes, in the desired position and then stamped the rest.
Pulled out this fun sentiment, from Hero Arts Made With Love sentiment set, and stamped it in True Black. I love how the directions of the sentiment helps to guide your eye across the entire card front. To finish the card, I stamped a butterfly (also from the same Hero Arts set) in True Black and embellished with a few black rhinestones.

What fun! I hope you too will take on the challenge. If you do, and happen use your Background Basics: Chevron Stripes stamp set, please share your creation with me. I'd love to see!!!

That's it from me today. Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!

Maile



You Make Me Smile:

15 comments:

  1. Cool!! Love the whit and black together with the bright colors!! Such an awesome card!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful day filled with smiles!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so making me want to get those Chevron Stripes stamp Maile..this is super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully simple! Really love the colours you've chosen to stamp your Chevron Stripes! I gotta agree - that sentiment is super fun! Love your addition of the black pearls, perfect finish!

    xo Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maile, you make every card look amazing! I love the colors of the chevron stripes and the way you stamped the sentiment on top of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Maile. Love the way you placed that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute once again Maile! Has a citrus look about it! Have a great holiday weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Kathy. Amazingness abounds. And - squeal - do I ever love a one-layer card! Especially one that still has as much interest and energy as this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This challenge was definitely made for you... the pressure was on, and you created yet another amazing card! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is brilliant! I used your chevron set for the challenge too... I am #6.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! I love the cord you chose. That sentiment is REALLY awesome so I'll have to check that out. I,too, made card for the challenge using the BB:Chevron Stripes. It's here:http://hownowbrownkow.blogspot.com/2011/05/love-chevron-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty card. I love the colors you used and the pop of the black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Maile! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Chic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS