Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #142

Hi there!  So glad you could join me today for my fourth week as the guest muse over at the Case Study Challenge Blog Be sure to visit the the blog for all of the challenge details.  The design team has pretty spectacular projects, inspired by the card below, that you will not want to miss.

The current challenge inspiration piece is the card above... found here.  Be sure to click on over for all the details.  Here's my take...
I stuck to the same basic layout.  This time in the form of butterflies from Beautiful Butterflies.
Lots of lovely layering was used on the inspiration flower, so I've incorporated layers into my single berry colored butterfly.  Here's How:  I die cut and stamped the top layer onto shimmer cardstock and then layered a couple berry sorbet die cuts underneath.  Attached each layer together with dimensional adhesive and bent the wings up slightly.  Then finished the card off with an assortment of grey and black rhinestones.

It's be fun casing myself.  I really think I need to do it more often.  :)  Anyways, I hope you too will give this challenge a try!  Challenge and prize details can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by!


Butterfly Birthday Card...


  1. OMG, they are so adorable!
    Love them)))))

  2. It's my new favourite recent creation of yours. Superb, brilliant, amazing... you name it, it has it :)

  3. Waw! this is just beautiful! Hugs! Mojca

  4. Beautiful! I am loving that Pale Tomato ink from Hero's my new fave!

  5. So simple and very,very pretty!!!

  6. Beautiful card Maile - love the colours you've used. Can I ask a question please? I've tried your idea of painting with Glimmer Mists but would prefer to start with a much softer tone so I can add darker at a later stage.......did you water your GM's down to start with?

    Karen x

  7. This very beautiful. I lové thé colours you've used

    See you soon

  8. Hello,
    I does not understand very well the principle of " CASE Study challenge " , could you explain to me please?
    My language is French and I do not arrive has to understand perfectly what he is to ask there and I do not speak English perfect
    I adore making of the scrapbooking and cards(maps)
    Can you help me please?
    See you soon

  9. Stunning, love the darker gems as embellishment too :)