Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #139

Hi there!  So glad you could join me today.  I am thrilled to be featured as this months Case Study muse!  Be sure to visit the Case Study Challenge Blog for all of the challenge details.  The design team has pretty spectacular projects, inspired by the card below, that you will not want to miss.
The current challenge inspiration piece is the cool card above... found here.  Still one of my faves. Be sure to click on over for all the details.  Here's my take...
Keeping with the floral and polka dot theme, I've chosen to work with the Mini Blooms stamp set/dies and a piece of soft stone pattern paper.  The colors are very similar too... melon, berry, light gray and black.
My most favorite part of the inspiration card is how the flower panel extended over the edge.  I've incorporated that same feature onto my new card, but this time into the bottom right corner.  Here's How:  Using the large corner bouquet image (in Mini Blooms) I stamped it into the corner of a white cardstock block measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I then trimmed (in from the bottom and right sides a 1/2") up to the edges of the flowers/leaves and then cut by hand around the arrangement.  Mounted the handcut panel onto the card base and embellished with extra die cut flowers.

It's be fun casing myself.  I really think I need to do it more often.  :)  Anyways, I hope you too will give this challenge a try!  Challenge and prize details can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile 



Thinking of You Card...

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Both beautiful, but I love your second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stoked to have you with us this month. That is all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card! Love the polka dotted base color w/the pretty floral corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. waw so pretty. the firs one is my favorite. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Maile. Love that soft stone pattern paper and those blooms are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So psyched to have you as our muse this month! Your gorgeous creations are a tough act to follow, but your own CASE is fabulous! Love the layout and stamped focal point!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so very pretty, Maile - love the the way the top panel is mounted :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from France, I'm inspired by your card "thing of you" for a challenge.
    Thanks a lot!
    http://stdcrea.blogspot.fr/2013/06/fete-des-peres_3.html

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS